Adaptive Safety Management System
Adaptive Safety Management System (ASMS) is a modern and unified safety management system to identify, manage, investigate and track safety risks, alerts, hazards, incidents and accidents.
Safety Management System is the next step in the evolving area of aviation and product safety. It is no longer just a need for aviation companies but for any company whose products or services can increase risk of accidents affecting people and property. See Lessons Learned from Toyota QMS vs SMS.
Within the aviation world, the safety of people and increasingly complex aircrafts and support systems is of utmost importance for governmental bodies, regulators, operators, customers, partners, manufacturers and suppliers alike.
- ASMS provides a single system for decision making associated with safety risk management.
- It serves as the preemptive tool to demonstrate an organization’s capability for safety management.
- It enforces safety assurance processes to increases confidence of customers and partners in the risk controls.
- It provides an efficient and effective interface for knowledge sharing across all parties affecting the safety of the aircraft or part.
- It promotes a culture of safety throughout an organization and beyond.
ASMS is an innovative system due to its unique approach to safety. On one hand, it simplifies gathering of information from various sources like employees, operators, suppliers, partners, field representatives, air fields and manufacturing floors. One the other hand, it connects all the information together to provide a complete end to end picture related to every risk, accident and hazard. In addition, using intelligent and adaptive rules, it automatically enforces appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) derived from the identified severity, risk and impact.
Existing Safety Management Systems do not allow easy capturing of risk or accident information from where the product is being used, built or tested. In addition, they create silos of information where information is not connected or shared. These silos create an ineffective and inefficient environment for investigation, risk analysis and knowledge sharing. Moreover, the existing systems lack the tools to enforce SOPs on the handling of the incoming and outgoing safety and risk information.
ASMS provides following capabilities and benefits that are missing in SMS systems available in the industry:
- Supports management of all safety information related to safety in a unified manner including but not limited to:
a. Fatal and Non-Fatal Accidents and Incidents
b. Standard and Safety Part Related Alerts
c. Near Miss and Safety Operations Alerts
d. Hazard tracking
- Allows Safety information to be received over the web in a secure fashion using easy to understand intelligent questionnaire from operators, suppliers, field members, partners and internal team members.
- Enforces company specific or industry recognized, severity and impact specific SOPs in handling, investigating and tracking of safety information and risk data.
- Tracks needed actions, ongoing progress and lessons learned.
- Tracks all internal and external communications including formal notifications to regulators, operators and safety boards.
- Links all information together to provide instant access to current and past related investigations, risks, hazards and communications.
- Captures all related information that can be searched and used for fact findings, pattern recognition and pre-emptive incident/accident prevention.
- It is highly flexible and adaptive to support company and operator specific data and product tracking processes.
- It utilizes intelligent data security which supports varying levels of team structures while enforcing export controls and sensitive information protection.
- Robust visual tools display information in easy to use and easy to administer real-time reports, metrics and dashboards to allow management to track progress and identify bottlenecks.
- Information distribution is handled efficiently by flexible pre-defined rules and provides automated delivery of reports to recipients based on severity, impact, product line and recipient requirements.