- What Personal Data Do We Collect?
Personal Data provided by you
- Personal data about you upon registration – You will be asked to provide your email address to establish an Account.
- Personal data that you choose to provide us to obtain additional Services or specific online Services – If you request to participate in an optional Site feature, or request enhanced Services or other elective functionality, we may collect additional information from you.
Personal Data as you use our Site or Services
We will collect information about you as you use the Site or Service, such as your IP address, browser type and version, operating system, referral source and device information.
Through tracking services, we will collect information about you such as length of visit, page views and navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your usage, operating system, device information, behavior, visited pages, etc. This anonymous information can not be identified directly with you.
We collect information about purchases you’ve made through our Site or Services, such as product type, subscription type, date of purchase, etc.
Other information we collect related to your use of our Sites or Services
We may collect additional information from or about you when you communicate with us, contact our customer support teams or respond to a survey.
- Why Do We Retain Personal Data?
We retain Personal Data in an identifiable format to fulfill our legal or regulatory obligations and for our business purposes. If your Account is closed or not have active services your data will be removed from our servers/service.
- How Do We Process Personal Data?
We may Process your Personal Data for a variety of reasons that are justified under data protection laws in the US and European Economic Area (EEA).
To operate the Sites and provide the Services, including to:
- authenticate your access to Account.
- communicate with you about your Account, the Sites, the Services, or AST.
- create an account connection between your Account and a third-party account or platform.
For our legitimate interests, including to:
- enforce the terms of our Sites and Services;
- manage our everyday business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing;
- to manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, and improving the Services and the Sites’ performance and functionality.
- to manage risk and protect the Sites, the Services and you from fraud by verifying your identity, and helping to detect and prevent fraud and abuse of the Sites or Services.
- to comply with our obligations and to enforce the terms of our Sites and Services, including to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
With your consent, including to:
- to market to you by delivering marketing materials about our products and online Services. We may also Process your Personal Data to tailor certain Services or Site experiences to better match our understanding of your interests.
- to respond to your requests, for example to contact you about a question you submitted to our customer service team.
You can withdraw your consent at any time and free of charge.
- Do We Share Personal Data?
- with payment providers in order to initialize a payment process – personal data necessary to facilitate the transaction;
We may share information about you with other parties for AST business purposes or as permitted or required by law, including:
- if we need to do so to comply with a law, legal process or regulations;
- to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, a court order or other legal process or requirement applicable to AST;
- if we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Personal Data is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- to protect the vital interests of a person;
- to investigate violations of or enforce a user agreement or other legal terms applicable to any Service;
- to protect our property, Services and legal rights;
- to facilitate a purchase or sale of all or part of AST’s business;
- to help assess and manage risk and prevent fraud against us, our Users and fraud involving our Sites or use of our Services, including fraud that occurs at or involves our business partners, strategic ventures, or other individuals, and merchants;
- to companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by; and
- to support our audit, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
With your consent:
- We share your Personal Data and other information with your consent or direction, including if you authorize an account connection with a third-party account or platform.
We do not share your Personal Data with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Automated decision making and profiling
We use the information about you and your usage of the service:
- to send you automated messages or notifications relevant to your user experience.
- to run usability and A/B tests to help us improve our service.
- Do we process special categories of personal data?
AST does not process any personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
- What Privacy Choices Are Available To You?
- Email address
The email address is a mandatory attribute when setting up your AdaptiveNDA account and is used as a unique identification upon login. You can, however, change your email address by contacting your company’s administrator for our system or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We will send communications to you that are required or necessary to send to Users of our Services, notifications that contain important information about the status of your account and other communications that you request from us. You may not opt out of receiving these communications, as long as you are using the service, but you will stop receiving it once you deactivate your account.
- Phone number
You may choose to enable two-factor authentication for your account and we will need your phone number in order to send you a security code as an SMS. You can change your phone number at any moment from your Account settings. We may use your phone number to send you account notifications, for example invoice overdue notifications.
- Your name, country and address. (for invoicing)
You can change your name and/or country by contacting us at email@example.com.
You may have options available to manage your cookies preferences. For example, your browser or internet device may allow you delete, disable, or block certain cookies and other tracking technologies. You can learn more by visiting AboutCookies.org. You may choose to enable these options, but doing so may prevent you from using many of the core features and functions available on a Service or Site.
If you don’t agree with how we handle your information and wish to withhold your consent, you can do so by requesting that your account be deleted, you can remove your account by contacting us.
For other claims regarding your personal information and privacy, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What Are Your Rights?
In this section, we have summarized the rights that you have under data protection law. For a more detailed explanation of your rights, please refer to the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities.
The right to be informed
The right to rectification
If you believe we have the wrong data about you, or that your data is incomplete, feel free to change it at any time through your Account settings or by contacting us at email@example.com.
The right to erasure
When you authorize us to delete your AdaptiveNDA account, your data and files will be deleted from our servers.
The right to data portability
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the data we store about you. There may be a service fee associated with this request.
The right of access
The right to object
On top of the ability to opt out of processing by changing your settings, you can object to the processing of certain forms of data, as described in Privacy Options. Contact us at email@example.com if you have further questions.
- How Do We Protect Your Personal Data?
We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to provide reasonable protection for your Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. The security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. While we are dedicated to securing our systems and Services, you are responsible for securing and maintaining the privacy of your password(s) and Account/profile registration information and verifying that the Personal Data we maintain about you is accurate and current. We are not responsible for protecting any Personal Data that we share with a third-party based on an account connection that you have authorized.
In the unlikely event that a security breach which affects individuals’ rights and freedoms is discovered, according to our risk assessment policy, AST will inform those individuals without undue delay.
- Can Children Use Our Services?
The Site and Services are intended for users who are 18 years old or older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18.
- Updates or Changes in Processing
- Contact Us
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Account means a AST member account.
Device Information means data that can be automatically collected from any device used to access the Site or Services. Such information may include, but is not limited to, your device type; your device’s network connections; your device’s name; your device IP address; information about your device’s web browser and internet connection you use to access the Site or Services;
Guest Usage means a person’s Use of the Services without logging into and/or establishing an Account.
Personal Data means information that can be associated with an identified or directly or indirectly identifiable natural person. “Personal Data” can include, but is not limited to, name, telephone number, email address, date of birth.
Process means any method or way that we handle Personal Data or sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, and consultation, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of Personal Data.
Services means any products, services, content, features, technologies, or functions, and all related websites, applications and services offered to you by AST with an Account or Guest Usage.
Technical Usage Data means information we collect from your phone, computer or other device that you use to access the Sites or Services. Technical Usage Data tells us how you use the Sites and Services, such as what you have searched for and viewed on the Sites and the way you use our Services, including your IP address, statistics regarding how pages are loaded or viewed, the websites you visited before coming to the Sites and other usage and browsing information collected through Cookies.
User means an individual who uses the Services or accesses the Sites and has established a relationship with AST (for example, by opening an Account and agreeing to the AST Terms of Service).